Croston Plumbing & Heating Ltd
Terms & Conditions
Croston Plumbing & Heating Ltd
Terms & Conditions
Quotation, deposits and invoices
- Our fixed price quotation is valid for one month from the date shown subject to material price increases and will be confirmed at time of placing order.
- A deposit of 25% of the total price is payable at the time of placing the order to confirm the start date of works. This 25% deposit is designed to cover any restocking charges should you decide to cancel the job after an order for materials has been made. Please see point 6 for further
- On commencement of works and delivery of materials, a further 50% of the total price is payable to cover the cost of
- On completion of works the final 25% of the total price becomes payable. Late payments after 14 days from completion date will accumulate interest at 27.9% APR.
- While we take extreme care to avoid any damage to your property and are fully insured, we cannot be held responsible for damage caused to pictures/furnishings that can be moved whilst transporting tools and materials through your property and it is your responsibility to move any such
- If after placing your order you wish to cancel, any special order materials will need to be paid for in full and if within 7 days of start date a restocking charge will be deducted from your deposit before any
- Please make sure all the work you require completing is included in your quotation as only the work listed will be carried out within the price quoted. We can adjust or re-quote to meet your exact
- Any additional small works required after commencement of initial contract will be quoted for and will then be added to the final invoice. Large jobs will be quoted for and treated as a new
- There may be instances where additional works required can only be uncovered once the job has commenced. Examples of such issues that can arise are:
- Tiles removed and walls not in fit state to be plastered. Re-boarding will be required incurring additional materials and labour costs of £50 per square metre;
- Existing flooring removed and wooden boards / joists mouldy / not fit for purpose. Floor would need to be reinstated and made good incurring additional materials and labour costs of £60 per square
- This list is not designed to be exhaustive but to give an idea of the issues that can arise on commencement of installation.
- Tiles are calculated on a square metre basis, however wastage is inherent in this type of work (depending on the number of cuts required around windows / doors / etc) and so the number of square metres ordered may exceed the exact measurements of your room.
- The invoice will be raised when our installers leave the installation site. Our sales team will be in contact within 2 days of the installers leaving site to ensure any snags are dealt with in a timely manner. A snagging list, unless agreed otherwise, does no delay or extend our payment terms.
Payment of the initial deposit is taken as acceptance of our terms and conditions.
- Prior to installation you are responsible for:
- checking that you have a suitable supply of gas, electricity, water or waste services to be connected to the items to be installed (unless it has been agreed in the quotation that our installers will instate / install as part of the project);
- notifying the installer of any particular features which you know about the property which may make the installation more difficult than We will assume that your property is not subject to any listing and that the installation works will not contravene any planning conditions or obligations unless you tell us otherwise;
- ensuring that existing wiring, gas, water and waste pipework within the property is generally of a legal and good workman-like standard. In particular, you acknowledge that you have checked the walls and floors are sound. You are responsible for locating any hidden wiring or pipework and the Installer shall not be liable for any damage caused by or in connection with any hidden conduits.
- If existing system is not RCD protected there will be an additional charge of £100 + VAT
- checking that any appliance, accessory or component supplied by yourself is suitable for use with the goods. For example, if you decided to retain your own taps, you would need to make sure they are compatible with your new bathroom basin.
- You are advised not to decorate rooms (including tiling walls or the laying of new floors) prior to installation in order to avoid minor incidental damage caused during
- Throughout the installation you are responsible for giving the installer reasonable access to your property in order that installation works can be
- If you are not in on the agreed start date of installation or the property is not in a condition ready for installation to proceed then we reserve the right to charge you a delay charge. Furthermore, any changes or additional work that delay us may also incur a delay charge. This will be on a time cost basis of up to £330 a
- We will do our best to procure that installations are started on the date agreed. However, the start date and completion dates that we give you are guides. Whilst we make every effort to install the items within that time, we shall not be liable if we fail to do so in part or in full due to circumstances beyond our control. We shall contact you to let you know if we are having any problems installing the items within the stated
Faulty items (Showers, Pumps, Boilers)
- If, after a product has been fitted, you find a fault, we reserve the right to request the manufacturer or a registered engineer to contact you or make a house visit to confirm the
Guarantee periods Workmanship guarantee
- The workmanship on the bathroom installation is guaranteed for 12 months from the date of installation.
- All showers, sanitaryware, brassware, tanks, pumps, toilet seats, lighting, accessories, loose furniture, worktops, tiles and all other products that are supplied with guarantees and after sales services offered by third party manufacturers are subject to the terms and conditions of the related third party guarantee(s)/warranty(ies) or, in any event, a minimum of one year. Individual product guarantees can be provided on
Guarantee terms and conditions
- Our guarantees cover products supplied and installed for domestic purposes only in UK mainland.
- The installation and extended product guarantees may not be assigned to subsequent purchasers of the premises in which the bathroom is
- Should it be necessary to make a claim against the installation or extended product Guarantees, you must notify Croston Plumbing & Heating Ltd within a reasonable time of the problem becoming apparent. Please have available details of the quotation number and date of purchase.
- Croston Plumbing & Heating Ltd reserves the right to alter product features or adjust specifications at any time. If a product is no longer available Croston Plumbing & Heating Ltd will supply the nearest
- Croston Plumbing & Heating Ltd cannot guarantee that replacement or repaired products will provide an exact colour, grain or texture match.
- In the event of a claim Croston Plumbing & Heating Ltd reserves the right to inspect the product at the installation address before it is repaired, removed or
- If a product is to be repaired or replaced, any remedial or repair work or replacement arrangements must be agreed in advance by Croston Plumbing & Heating
- All Croston Plumbing & Heating Ltd guarantees will be invalidated if:
- the bathroom is tampered with, modified or removed and installed
- any damage is caused by improper or negligent use, or failure to maintain the bathroom in accordance with any guidelines published or provided.
- the damage is due to accidental or deliberate damage post installation, fair wear and tear, corrosion or malfunction caused by water borne debris or lime scale, use of corrosive cleaning products /
- repairs are carried out by any third party other than with prior approval and authorisation from Croston Plumbing & Heating
- the claim is in respect of disposable or consumable items including, but not limited to, batteries and light
Your statutory rights are not affected by the Guarantees offered by Croston Plumbing & Heating Ltd.