New Boiler Installations
Croston Plumbing & Heating are here to help you make the right decision for your new energy efficient boiler.
As a Worcester Bosch accredited installer you can have complete peace of mind that your new boiler with be installed to the highest of standards.
Boilers that are over ten years old waste a lot of valuable energy in terms of cost and environmental impact. In fact many older boilers convert as little as 60% of the fuel they use into heat.
If you feel your boiler is at the age now where it may not be efficient anymore or has been causing you a few problems then let us know and we can provide you with a free quotation for boiler installation. Manufacturers state that boilers are designed to last between 10-12 years which is obviously dependent on how well it has been looked after and if it has been serviced at regular intervals.
There are a few points to consider when choosing a new boiler
- Do I want to keep with the same system that is currently in or is there a more efficient way to run my home?
- Do I spend more for a boiler that is more reliable and comes with a better guarantee?
- Should I add a water filter to stop any sludge entering the boiler (This usually upgrades the guarantee from a 7 to 10 years)
- Am I having problems with radiators? Maybe look at increasing the size of radiators or powerflushing the system to remove any sludge that is stopping the radiator working to its full potential
- Do i need thermostatic radiator valves to control the temperature of each room individually?
- Am I happy with the location of the boiler? It is quite common now for people to put boilers in the loft for example as all the controls will be in the house. 3 rules for this option – Loft light, permanent loft ladder and loft boarded to access boiler
- Do I get enough hot water at present or do I need more as I have added another bathroom to the property?
- Should i choose an internet controlled thermostat that will allow me to control my boiler from my phone?
When we attend your property, we will carry out a thorough survey and all these points will be considered and you will be asked questions to make sure we are fitting the correct boiler for you.
You can rest assure that when choosing CPH you are in good hands which is backed up by our Gold member accreditation and Which?
Boiler Systems Available & Benefits
A combi boiler is both a high-efficiency water heater and a central heating boiler, combined (hence the name) within one compact unit. Therefore, no separate hot water cylinder is required, offering space saving within the property.
They are also cost-effective and energy-efficient as water is heated instantly rather than being heated and then stored in a tank. Hot water is also delivered at mains pressure, which means that you could get a powerful shower with no need for a separate pump.
- Space saving
- Energy efficient
- Less pipework to install
- No risk of frozen pipes
A System boiler directly heats your central heating system and produces hot water for a storage cylinder. They work like a Regular boiler in that they need to store hot water, but unlike Regular boilers they take their water supply directly from the mains. The major system components are built into the boiler itself, making it quicker and easier to install.
System boilers are compatible with solar water heating systems, delivering environmental benefits as well as lower energy bills.
- Constant supply of hot water to more than one tap at the same time
- Economical to run
- Solar compatible
- Quick & Neat installation due to built in components
Regular boilers, sometimes known as traditional or conventional boilers provide central heating and hot water through a hot water storage cylinder, often found in an airing cupboard, and cold water tank usually found in the loft. They are perfect for large homes with multiple bathrooms, as they can provide a lot of hot water at once.
A Regular boiler may be the best option for replacing an existing boiler where the property has an older radiator system, as it might not be able to cope with the higher water pressure that is delivered by System or Combi boilers.
- A better option in homes where water pressure is low
- Compatible with some solar systems
- Ideal for properties with a high demand for hot water
- Compatible with less complication to older systems
In an emergency you need the help of qualified engineers you can trust.
Operating throughout the North West and the surrounding areas we cater to all domestic and business client’s central heating systems, gas services and plumbing requirements.
Established since 2006, we have the knowledge and expertise needed to ensure that you receive nothing but the best service. Our reputation has been developed through hard work and reliability which is why we are the area’s number one choice for plumbing & gas related work.